Send email notifications from forms
Go into your form. Click on 'Settings' → 'Form Actions'. By default there will already be an email notification set up to send submissions to the email address listed on your School StreamGeneral Settings page. Click on the Email Notification to edit it: or click the Email Notification icon to add an additional notification.
2. Give your email notification a Label for easy reference. This label will only be seen on the back-end.
3. Enter one or more email addresses in the To box. The only formats that can be used are 'name <firstname.lastname@example.org>' and 'email@example.com'. To send the same notification to multiple recipients, separate them with a comma.
By default, the [admin_email] short-code will be inserted in the To box. This will send the notification to the email address from your School Stream General Settings page.
4. If you would like others to receive a copy of the message, click CC and insert the email(s) in the CC box that appears. If you would like others to receive a copy of the message but do not want them to be shown to the recipients, click BCC and insert the email(s) in the BCC box that appears.The only formats that can be used are 'name <firstname.lastname@example.org>' and 'email@example.com'. Separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
5. Insert the sender's name and email address in the From box. By default, your website name and admin email address from your School Stream General Settings page will be used.
6. If you want the user to reply to a different email address other than the one the message was sent from, click Reply To, then enter in the Reply To email address. The only formats that can be used are 'name <firstname.lastname@example.org>' and 'email@example.com'. If you want to use the name and email that was submitted in your form, you can do so by typing in  <>, where  is the sender's name, and  is the sender's email address.
7. Add a subject in the Subject box.
8. By default, the [default-message] shortcode will be inserted in the Message box. This will display all completed fields in the email notification, which will look like this:
After setting up your notification, test it out by submitting an entry in your form. Email notifications should be sent to all To, CC, and BCC email addresses. If the email notification does not show up in your inbox, please get in touch with our support team.
Customising the email message
You have three main options for customising your email notification content.
Add anything you would like before or after the [default-message] short-code. The default message includes any completed fields in the form. If you would like to modify the default message, please get in touch with our support team for assistance
If you prefer to create your own message from scratch, remove the [default-message] short-code and add your custom content to the 'Message' box. You can add text, and format with HTML
Please note: You will need to add line breaks with HTML (using <br/> ).
To populate your custom message with fields and information submitted in the form, you can use the links and buttons in the Customisation panel in the right sidebar. For example, clicking on the 'First Name' field would insert the id of that field, , into the message content. The content in the 'Message' box could look something like this: