Enter the title of your Event. As well as being displayed on the app, the title will appear in the notification when it arrives on the parents' smartphones.
2. Body content - text, images and forms
The body section allows you to add formatted text and images to get the information across to parents.
- You can add images to the Card by clicking the Add Media button above the text formatting toolbar and following these instructions Adding Images via Media Library
- You can add a link to either text or an image by selecting the text or image you want to link and clicking the Insert/Edit Link button (the Chain icon) and adding the URL you wish to link to. To add an email link type mailto: and then the email address you wish to use e.g. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Date and Venue
Add the date and time of the event using the interactive fields.
Enter the address of the event venue. All event venues are stored in the system so you will only ever need to enter it once. You will be able to select any previously entered venues via the venue dropdown.
4. Select an App Category
Select the relevant category for your Card or Add a new Category.
Click the orange Publish button.
Option Event items
- Excerpt (optional)
The Excerpt is a customisable text field allowing you to customise the push notification text that is sent to your users' devices. As this is a short message it is advised to keep it under 100 characters. If you leave it blank the push notification text will be taken from the body content of your event.
- Featured image (optional)
The featured image allows you to place a custom icon next to a content title on the School Stream home screen.
- While creating or editing an event find the Featured Image widget on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click Set Featured Image.
- Upload your file by either dragging it from your computer or selecting upload files.
- Once you have your image selected click the Set Featured Image button.
- You can remove or change the image at any time.
- How to create a recurring Event (optional)
Events in School Stream can automatically republish if they are weekly, monthly or yearly events. You can even set a custom time frame.
- Below the body section of your event, you will find the Event details box.
- Once you have set your start and end times you can choose a recurrence option; either daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or custom
- Each option has its own easy to follow steps to achieve your desired result.
- You can then publish your event which will repeat as per the options you have just entered or add more content and publish later.