App Folders are a hierarchical structure, meaning that each Folder can have child folders. A child folder is usually used for a sub-topic under a broader topic.
Example: A Year Groups folder may have child folders for Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and so on. And within each year group, they can have further child folders.
You can add a child folder while writing a Notice or from the Folders screen. Just select a parent folder when adding a new folder and your new folder will become child folder.
- Mouse-over 'Notices' on the left side menu, and select App folders.
- In the Name field, type the name of your new folder.
- If you want to house this folder inside another you can select a parent folder using the Parent dropdown. If this is a top-level folder, skip this section.
- Click Add New Folder button.
- That's it! It's that easy.
Please note: After creating the folders you will want to populate the app with a notice, as only folders with content published to them will appear in the app.
A good place to start is to post a notice to each folder you want to be displayed. It can be a short brief description of each folder, this, in turn, will help you understand how School Stream works. Practice makes perfect.
Posting a few of your most recent newsletters or updates for the coming week/s and adding events, these can be anything from P&C meetings to sports matches and anything in between.
By adding a few pages of content to each of these areas you will soon be a pro at using School Stream.