With all the wonderful content you have posted throughout the year (Great job by the way, give yourself a pat on the back), you might notice that things have become a bit....cluttered.
There are a few ways we can deal with our current predicament:
Option 1 - Creating a 'Last Year' Category
One method of dealing with the clutter, is to create a new category for the past year and move all our old content into it.
- Create a category for last years content ('2018 Content' for example).
- Navigate to the 'cards' section of your Dashboard.
- Check all the content that you would like to transfer.
- Select the 'Bulk Actions' dropdown and change it to 'Edit'
- Hit 'Apply' (A new menu will appear with further options).
- Under the 'App categories' section of this menu, select your newly created category.
- Hit 'Update' at the bottom right to confirm the changes.
You may have to do this a few times if you have a lot of content.
Note: All content you move in this manner will be placed directly into the new category - This will be messy, but it will be a contained mess and a means of archiving old content.
Option 2 - Remove old content permanently
Another method, is to delete the old content permanently.
Please note, that much like the permanent marker one of your students used on the whiteboard, this action is irreversible. No amount of detention is going to bring your data back.
The process is exactly the same as above, however instead of selecting 'Bulk Edit', we will select 'Bulk Trash'.
Note: Okay admittedly, this IS actually reversible...for a time at least. Once you send the content to the trash, you have a 30 day period within which you can recover the content before it is permanently deleted.
As well as removing old cards, you can remove old media files from your media library. We have a Help Desk article regarding this, here.