Form actions allow for an email to be sent to parents when they submit a form. An example of this in effect would be a confirmation email sent to a parent upon an absentee submission being made.
Let's go over the steps to set up your own email action to parents:
Open an existing form you would like to add a confirmation email to.
Ensure that the form has a *required parent email field (See below).
3. Update any changes to your form and click on the 'Settings' tab at the top of the page.
4. Click 'Actions & Notifications' in the side menu.
5. Click the blue email icon to create a new email action.
6. This will create a new email action and present you with some settings to adjust.
7. Name your action 'Parent Confirmation Email' or any other name you would like.
8. Enter your own email subject and message (This is what the recipient will see in their email).
9. Click in the 'To' field. You should see a box pop up to the right with a list of your form fields.
10. Click your parent email field to insert the field ID into the 'To' box.
11. Update your form by clicking the update button at the top right of the page.
You've successfully created a confirmation email. If you'd like to confirm that it's working, you can make a test submission within your app.