- Find the Cards menu in the left-hand side navigation bar. Click Add New.
- Give your card a title - This is so your parents know what the Card is and so you can find it in your dashboard
- Body: Formatting / hyperlinks / insert media / insert form
The body section allows you to add custom formatted content to get the information across to parents. You can link to email addresses or a web URL, add in a consent form, create photo galleries.
- Add some content using the visual editor and format it to your liking
- You can add images to the card by clicking the Add Media button above the text formatting buttons and following these instructions Adding Images via Media Library
- You can add a link to either text or an image by selecting the text or image you want to link and clicking the Insert/Edit Link button (Chain icon) and adding the URL you wish to link to. To add an email link type mailto: and then the email address you wish to use.
- To insert a form click the Custom Forms button above the text formatting buttons and follow these instructions Adding a Form to a Card
- Excerpt (optional)
The Excerpt is a customisable text field allowing you to customise the push notification text that is sent to your users' devices. As this is a short message it is advised to keep it under 100 characters. If you leave it blank the push notification text will be taken from the body content of your card.
- Featured image (optional)
The featured image allows you to place a custom icon next to a content title on the School Stream home screen.
- While creating or editing a card, find the Featured Image widget on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click Set Featured Image.
- Upload your file by either dragging it from your computer or selecting upload files.
- Once you have your image selected click the Set Featured Image button.
- You can remove or change the image at any time.
- Select the Custom Category
- Before you publish your card, find the Category widget on the right-hand side.
- If you have already added a category to the list, select it and publish.
- If you can’t see the category you're looking for follow these extra step.
- Click the Add New Category link.
- Type the name of the new category you wish to create into the field.
- Click the Add New Category button - Your new category will be automatically selected for the current post and will be saved to the category list for future use.
Note: The Category created will only be available for the type of content you were publishing when it was created. You will need to repeat the process for each type of content if you wish to use it when posting other content types.
Note: Not selecting a category will post it to the content type's default category. For example, when creating a Card, it will automatically list itself under the News category on the app. It's only when you want the new card to sit under a different category such as "Sports" that you need to create a new category called "Sports".
- App Options
The App Options section found to the right of the control panel when creating or editing a card is where you manage the type of notification you wish to send.
- Send Mobile Notification - This controls the push notification sent out to your users' devices, It is on by default but can be unchecked to publish content without notifying your users
- Urgent - The urgent checkbox marks content titles in red in School Stream. When you post an urgent piece of content any user who has your app open on their phone will receive a pop-up message display asking them to open or close the notification.
- Advanced - You can expand the advanced dropdown to change the post display type. This is used when embedding content from a 3rd party site.
- Default - this is the defualt display setting for all content.
- Embedded - select this to embed 3rd party web pages such as a Parent Portal login or an Adobe Spark story
- Schedule for a later date
- Before you publish your card, find the Publish widget on the right-hand side.
- Next to Publish Immediately click Edit.
- Choose the date and time you want to publish your card - Scheduling a card will cause it not to appear until the date and time you have scheduled it to publish.